Feel more at ease in a seaside environment. Learning to read the language of the sea will increase your confidence and enable you to judge for yourself when it is safe to swim in the sea. Increasing your knowledge about tides, currents, wind and waves will ensure you are in control of your own safety so you can relax and enjoy being by the sea
What will I learn?
- Are the waves safe?
- What to do if a wave comes while I am in the water or on the shore?
- How to identify if there is a current and is it safe to swim?
- Is the tide coming in or out? What does this mean for my beach and swimming experience?
- Is it safe to go in the water or walk on the rocks if you can’t swim?
- Precautions to take when walking on the beach or paddling in the shallows to stay safe
- How to interact safely with marine creatures that are on the shore
- Basic beach first aid
What to bring?
- Clothing and footwear suitable for the beach
- Sun protection (hat and suncream)
- Drinking water
Where do we meet?
- Repulse Bay or other beach by arrangement
What is the duration?
- 60 mins
- Session time can be extended